CALIFORNIA CONSUMER PRIVACY STATEMENT
This California Consumer Privacy Statement (“Statement”) supplements the Church & Dwight Co., Inc. Privacy Notice and applies solely to California consumers. This Statement does not apply to Church & Dwight Co., Inc. personnel. Sections 2 through 5 of this Statement do not apply to Church & Dwight job applicants.
This Statement uses certain terms that have the meaning given to them in the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 and its implementing regulations (the “CCPA”).
- Notice of Collection and Use of Personal Information
We may collect (and may have collected during the 12-month period prior to the effective date of this Statement) the following categories of personal information about you:
- Identifiers: identifiers such as a real name, postal address, unique personal identifier (such as telephone number, cookies, beacons, pixel tags, mobile ad identifiers and similar technology), online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, and other similar identifiers;
- Additional Data Subject to Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80: signature, education, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, other financial information, and health-related information
- Protected Classifications: characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law, such as race, national origin, sex, gender, disability, citizenship status, and military and veteran status
- Commercial Information: commercial information, including records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, and other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies
- Online Activity: Internet and other electronic network activity information, including, but not limited to, browsing history, search history, and information regarding your interaction with websites, applications or advertisements
- Geolocation Data
- Sensory Information: audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, and similar information
- Employment Information: professional or employment-related information
- Inferences: inferences drawn from any of the information identified above to create a profile about you reflecting your preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.
We may use (and may have used during the 12-month period prior to the effective date of this Statement) the categories of personal information listed above for the purposes described in our Privacy Notice and for certain business purposes specified in the CCPA, such as:
- Performing services, including maintaining or servicing accounts, providing customer service, processing or fulfilling orders and transactions, verifying customer information, processing payments, providing advertising or marketing services, providing analytics services, or providing similar services
- Auditing related to a current interaction with you and concurrent transactions, including, but not limited to, counting ad impressions to unique visitors, verifying positioning and quality of ad impressions, and auditing compliance
- Short-term, transient use, including, but not limited to, the contextual customization of ads shown as part of the same interaction
- Detecting security incidents, protecting against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, and prosecuting those responsible for that activity
- Debugging to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality
- Undertaking internal research for technological development and demonstration
- Undertaking activities to verify or maintain the quality or safety of a service or device that is owned, manufactured, manufactured for, or controlled by us, and to improve, upgrade, or enhance the service or device that is owned, manufactured, manufactured for, or controlled by us
In addition, we may use certain personal information for purposes of managing career opportunities with Church & Dwight.
- Sources of Personal Information
During the 12-month period prior to the effective date of this Statement, we may have obtained personal information about you from various sources, as follows:
- Directly from you or your devices, such as through your use of the Site, customer service calls and our “Contact Us” feature
- From your friends, through our “tell-a-friend” tool
- Our affiliates
- Vendors who provide services on our behalf
- Social networks
- Online advertising companies and advertising networks
- Sweepstakes and contests, affinity groups, or other marketing campaigns
- Consumer relations interactions
- Sale of Personal Information
We do not sell your personal information in exchange for monetary compensation. We may allow certain third parties (such as certain online advertising partners) to collect your personal information via automated technologies on our Sites in exchange for non-monetary consideration, such as an enhanced ability to serve you content and advertisements that may be of interest to you. We share the categories of personal information listed below for online advertising purposes as described in our Privacy Notice. You have the right to opt out of this disclosure of your information, which may be considered a “sale” under California law, as detailed below.
During the 12-month period prior to the effective date of this Statement, we may have sold the following categories of personal information about you to certain online advertising partners:
- Online Activity
We do not have actual knowledge that we sell the personal information of minors under 16 years of age.
- Sharing of Personal Information
During the 12-month period prior to the effective date of this Statement, we may have shared your personal information with certain categories of third parties, as described below.
We may have disclosed the following categories of personal information about you for a business purpose to the following categories of third parties:
|Category of Personal Information||Category of Third Party|
|Identifiers||Our affiliates and business partners; vendors who have provided services on our behalf; co-sponsors of contests, sweepstakes or other promotions; advertising networks; internet service providers; data analytics providers; government entities; operating systems and platforms; social networks|
|Additional Data Subject to Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80 Law||Business partners; vendors who have provided services on our behalf|
|Protected Classifications||Vendors who have provided services on our behalf; government entities|
|Commercial Information||Our affiliates and business partners; vendors who have provided services on our behalf|
|Online Activity||Our affiliates and business partners; vendors who have provided services on our behalf; co-sponsors of contests, sweepstakes or other promotions; advertising networks; internet service providers; data analytics providers; operating systems and platforms; social networks|
|Geolocation data||Our affiliates and business partners; vendors who have provided services on our behalf; co-sponsors of contests, sweepstakes or other promotions; advertising networks; internet service providers; data analytics providers; operating systems and platforms; social networks|
|Sensory Information||Vendors who have provided services on our behalf; operating systems and platforms|
|Employment Information||Our affiliates; vendors who have provided services on our behalf; operating systems and platforms|
|Inferences||Our affiliates; vendors who have provided services on our behalf; advertising networks; data analytics providers;|
- California Consumer Privacy Rights
You have certain choices regarding our use and disclosure of your personal information, as described below.
Access: You may have the right to request, twice in a 12-month period, that we disclose to you the personal information we have collected, used, disclosed and sold about you during the past 12 months.
Deletion: You have the right to request that we delete certain personal information we have collected from you.
Opt-Out of Sale: You have the right to opt-out of the sale of your personal information.
Shine the Light Request: You also may have the right to request that we provide you with (1) a list of certain categories of personal information we have disclosed to third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the immediately preceding calendar year and (2) the identity of those third parties.
How to Submit a Request: To submit an access or deletion request, click here or call us at 518-888-9125. To submit a Shine the Light request, click here. To opt-out of the sale of your personal information, call 516-888-9125 or click here. To submit a request as an authorized agent on behalf of a consumer, email us at [email protected]
Verifying Requests: To help protect your privacy and maintain security, we will take steps to verify your identity before granting you access to your personal information or complying with your request. If you have an account with us, we may ask you to verify your identity by requiring you to sign in to your account. If you do not have an account and request access to or deletion of your personal information, we may require you to provide any of the following information: name, email address and telephone number. In addition, if you do not have an account and you ask us to provide you with specific pieces of personal information, we will require you to sign a declaration under penalty of perjury that you are the consumer whose personal information is the subject of the request. If you designate an authorized agent to make an access, deletion or opt-out of sale request on your behalf (1) we may require you to provide the authorized agent written permission to do so, and (2) for access and deletion requests, we may require you to verify your own identity directly with us (as described above).
Additional Information: If you choose to exercise any of your rights under the CCPA, you have the right to not receive discriminatory treatment by us. To the extent permitted by applicable law, we may charge a reasonable fee to comply with your request. This Statement is available in alternative formats upon request. Please contact 516-888-9125 to request this Statement in an alternative format.